What are the challenges?
What is the aim of the project?
What are the main activities?
- Girls and women groups are created and receive training on women and girls rights, leadership, legislation and working with stakeholders
- By forming local networks, these groups mobilise support and raise awareness in their communities
- Groups also work with key stakeholders in their communities such as the police and local governments
- Girls are supported to stay in school and complete their education at least until the age of 18
- Mothers are given support, including vocational and financial training allowing them to earn an independent income
- Father and brother groups are also formed, in order to help raise awareness of women’s education and rights among men